ABOUT THE FAIR
The Newport Agricultural Fair is Virginia's oldest agricultural fair, celebrating its 87th event in 2022! The fair is a family-friendly atmosphere with something fun for everyone!
Admission will be charged to every individual entering the grounds during event hours. Admission fees are as follows:
Adults & Children over 12:
Children ages 6-12:
Children 5 & Under:
$4.00 Friday / $5.00 Saturday
- All activities will be held on the grounds of the Newport Community Center. All exhibits will be located down stairs and in the Rescue Squad Hall.
- Free Shuttle - the shuttle will run from the First Christian Church to the Newport Ball Park, Friday from 6pm until Midnight; Saturday from 9am until midnight.
- Parking inside admission gate and posted areas are for legally disabled individuals ONLY—one MUST have issued license plate or hangtag to park in designated areas.
- All stands on grounds will be operated by/under the supervision of the Newport Agricultural Fair, Inc
Rules & Regulations:
- Classes are open to anyone, regardless of residence. The Newport Pageant is limited to children who reside in the area served by the Newport Post Office.
- Judging will take place on Friday, at 8PM in all Departments. Department Heads will be at the Community Center from 4PM on Friday to receive exhibits in the departments (Exhibits must be received BEFORE 8PM in order for entry).
- Exhibits are to be removed between 3:30PM & 4:30PM on Saturday. The Newport Fair will not be responsible after 4:30PM.
- No entry fee will be charged for exhibits in any class.
- An exhibitor will not be permitted to make more than two entries in any class, and only one entry per class in Departments D, E and G.
- Prizes and ribbons will be awarded for each first and second place; ribbons will be awarded for third place except where otherwise noted in catalog.
- Entries will be accepted for only those classes listed in the catalog.
- Articles which have been entered in the Fair prior to 2020 will not be accepted in the 2023 Fair in the following Departments: A—Field Crops; D—Canning; and F—Sewing and Fancywork.
- Every effort will be made to protect exhibits, but it is distinctly understood that the NEWPORT FAIR is not responsible in the case of loss or damage to livestock or other exhibits. All exhibits are received on this condition.
- The NEWPORT FAIR is a mutual event and will in no case be responsible for any accidents.
- An entry fee of $50.00 will be charged for a commercial exhibits. Contact ___________________________________ AT ___________________ for reservations and space assignments. Each exhibitor will be allowed a vehicle on grounds for LOADING/UNLOADING PURPOSES ONLY. Vehicles will not be allowed to remain on fairgrounds. Each exhibitor should contact _______________________________________________________ by August 1st to ensure space.
- No bicycles, motorcycles or water pistols will be permitted on the grounds on the days of the fair.
- Any money-making booth will be asked to pay 15% of their gross sales, $20 minimum, whichever is greater.
- ONLY non-profit organizations will be allowed to raffle items during the fair. $10.00 fee will be charged.